Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Don't Hold Your Breath" (A Music Video)

A Florida State University film student, Patrick Gines, approached me early in 2010 about writing a commissioned song for his film thesis project, When The Waters Rise. Randomly, I was scheduled to play a concert at his home church in Tallahassee just a few days after his initial email. ("Random" never seems quite an accurate enough word for these sorts of moments.)

Patrick (director) and I met at the show where he handed me a draft of the script. With another couple of Florida concerts that weekend, I read the script and, in a Sarasota hotel room, wrote "Don't Hold Your Breath." Returning to Florida a few months later, with only a brief window of time to shoot, Patrick and I (mostly Patrick) made a music video - my first ever - in which a homeless man named "David" unequivocally steals the show.

DHYB will be on my new album, hopefully releasing in 2011. Until then, I hope you enjoy.

[Song recorded & produced by Andrew Osenga]



"Don't Hold Your Breath" by Eric Peters from Patrick Gines on Vimeo.

6 comments:

...michelle... said...

loving this, eric...
...michelle nalepa brooks...

Anonymous said...

It's only letting me listen to 1:59 of it. Is it my computer?

Love what I heard! Come back to Lincoln!! Love the Pearsons

Andy and Brooke Cheely said...

Eric, this was very much what I needed to hear and be reminded of today. Thanks for the song and kudos to Patrick for the great video.

James D. Witmer said...

This song is Rockin' gorgeous, and the video is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to owning it with your next album.

Also super cool - you're coming to my home-town, Grove City, PA! I just found the Rabbit Room, and your art, two, maybe three weeks ago, and I'm going to see you live in two weeks. Random?

david said...

Nice Eric.

davidloti=davidloti

ERiC PETERS said...

Hey Pearsons! I just checked & was able to watch the video in its entirety here on the MOtS blog. Since I have zero technical skills, I'm not sure what the issue may be. The Rabbit Room is about to post this, so you may try it there or on my site: www.ericpeters.net.
Sorry I'm no help.

Thanks, folks for the kind words.